The Science of Mindfulness: References
1. Epel E. S., Blackburn E. H., Lin J., Dhabhar F. S., Adler N. E., Morrow J. D., & Cawthon R. M. (2004). Accelerated telomere shortening in response to life stress. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America 101(49), 17312-5.
2. Jain, V., Lall, R., McLaughlin, D., & Johnson, W. (1996). Effects of locus of control, occupational stress, and psychological distress on job satisfaction among nurses. Psychological Reports, 78(3, Pt. 2), 1256–1258.
3. Tyssen, R., Vaglum, P., Gronvold, N. T., & Ekeberg, O. (2001). Suicidal ideation among medical students and young physicians: A nationwide and prospective study of prevalence and predictors. Journal of Affective Disorders, 64, 69–79.
4. Blegen, M. A. (1993). Nurses’ job satisfaction: A meta-analysis of related variables. Nursing-Research, 42(1), 36–41.
Flanagan, N. A., & Flanagan, T. J. (2002). An analysis of the relationship between job satisfaction and job stress in correctional nurses. Research in Nursing and Health, 25(4),282–294.
5. Gallegos, K., Bettinardi-Angres, K., & Talbott, G. (1990). The effect of physician impairment on the family. Maryland Medical Journal, 39, 1001–1007.
6. Smith, A. (1990). Stress and information processing. In M. Johnston & M. L. Wallace (Eds.), Stress and medical procedures (p. 184). Oxford, England: Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford University Press.
7. Askenasy, J., & Lewin, I. (1996). The impact of missile warfare on self-reported sleep quality. Sleep, 19, 47-51.
8. Klein, G. (1996). The effect of acute stressors on decision making. In J. Driskell & E. Salas (Eds.), Stress and human performance(pp. 48–88). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
Lehner, P., Seyed-Solorforough, M., O’Connor, M., Sak, S., & Mullin, T. (1997). Cognitive biases and time stress in team decision making. IEEE Trans Systems, Man & Cybernetics, 27, 698–703.
9. Pastore, F. R., Gambert, S. R., Plutchik, A., & Plutchik, R. (1995). Empathy training for medical students. Unpublished manuscript, New York Medical College.
10. Spickard, A., Gabbe, S., & Christensen, J. (2002). Mid-career burnout in generalist and specialist physicians. JAMA, 288, 1447–1450.
11. Shanafelt, T. D., Bradley, K. A., Wipf, J. E., & Back, A. L. (2002). Burnout and self-reported patient care in an internal medicine residency program. Annals of Internal Medicine, 136, 358–367.
12. Garman, A., Corrigan, P., & Morris, S. (2002). Staff burnout and patient satisfaction: Evidence of relationships at the care unit level. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 7, 235–241.